Saturday, June 18, 2011

Next Few Posts

It's late so I'm going to cheat a little bit tonight and make a meta-post about my upcoming posts. When I started my job as a consultant at Art & Logic, I came in expecting to write code a majority of my working hours. After a couple of projects, it became clear that client/project management was also a pretty big part of the job, especially when working as a solo developer on a project.

Over the past year and a half, I've had the opportunity to manage teams of people on some pretty large projects. Before I started at Art and Logic, had you told me I'd be a project manager, I would have asked you to put me out of my misery now. My thoughts on project management/managers were too similar to Dilbert cartoons.

However, I've really enjoyed learning project management and I feel that I'm getting better at it each project. My next couple of posts will talk about some of the experiences I've had and lessons learned while starting out in this new role.

No comments: